Honey is a natural sweet white substance made by bees from flower nectar. It gets its sweetness from glucose and saccharine. Most micro organisms don’t grow in honey because of its low water activity. Honey collected from trees and mountains is better than honey grown in cells. Quality of honey varies according to the area from where the bees collect their food. Bee keepers encourage over production of honey within the hives.
Tradition Of Use Of Honey:
• In the book of Christians the Promised Land will be the land flowing with milk and honey.
• In olden days Romans used honey to pay their taxes.
• Honey was considered very sacred in Buddhist community and was given as a gift to monks.
• Jews considered honey as a symbol of their New Year.
According to the Quran the sacred book of Muslims.
‘And thy Lord taught the bee to build its cell on hills and trees and in (men’s) habitations… there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colors… wherein is healing for mankind… Verily in this is a sign for those who give thought.’
Taking honey early in the morning at least thrice a week reduces the chance of a person to have any serious ailment. Honey also activates the memory.
1400 years ago the Prophet of Islam had laid emphasis on the use of honey as remedy for different diseases. And recently it has been proved by medical research that it contains certain antiseptic and anti bacterial properties.
Benefits of Using Honey:
• MRSA patients are treated with honey.
• Topical honey is used for Diabetic Ulcers.
• Antioxidants in honey reduce damage done to Colon in Colitis.
• Honey is also used for sore throats, coughs and laryngitis.
• Burns and wounds are treated with honey as Topical honey reduces odors, swelling and scarring.
• China, Turkey and USA are one of the leading producers of honey.
The natural honey is a miracle cure for various diseases.