“Decorate the Quran with your (good) voices.” (Mishkat) Whenever we recite Quran or hear The Quran being recited, we are filled with deep tranquility. The beautiful sound of recitation certainly affects our stiff hearts and melts our restless souls. It is a great miracle of this Holy Book, that even people not knowing the Arabic language start feeling a sort of connection with the flowing sound of recitation.
On one occasion Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) said; “indeed, the heart gets rusted like metal gets rusted when water goes over it. People asked, “How can they be cleaned?” The Prophet replied, “Recite the Holy Quran.” (Mishkat)
Quran recitation holds innumerable benefits; ten of them are given below:
1. Reflecting over the Quran fulfils an Islamic duty and brings you closer to Allah
2. Quran will be our evidence on the Day of Judgment and will save us from the fire of Hell
3. Don’t neglect or retreat from The Quran, it will speak for us on the Day of Judgment
4. Your status in this life will be raised
5. When you learn the Quran and teach it to others, you become the best among people
6. Each letter you recite from the Quran earns you ten rewards. There are ten rewards for each letter you recite from the Quran
7. Those who recite Quran will be accompanied by the noble and pious angels
8. Greater the Quran you recite in this life, the greater will be your position in the afterlife
9. The Quran shows the way you can reach heaven
10. Quran is a miraculous source of physical and spiritual healing
Benefits of Quran recitation are tremendous. Just the single word “Bismillah” holds so many benefits that we’ll have to compose a whole book for that purpose. The Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “when a person recites Bismillah, five thousand ruby palaces are built for him in paradise with each having a thousand chambers made of pearls and in each chamber are seventy thousand thrones of emerald and each throne has seventy thousand carpets made from special fabrics and upon each carpet is seated a Hur-ul-Ein.”
On another occasion He (P.B.U.H) says; “Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that “Alif, Laam, Meem” is a letter, rather I am saying that “Alif” is a letter, “laam” is a letter and “meem” is a letter.”
This shows how important it is to make Quran reading and recitation a daily habit. In addition, reciting Quran on days like Jumma, Ramadan, and Qiyaam Al-Layl (Late night prayer) hold much more rewards than general recitation. So if you don’t get time daily, make sure you do not miss it on weekly basis.
So the more you increase your recitation of the Quran, the more returns you will earn in this life and hereafter. Quranreading.com provides Quran recitation opportunity to young and old alike. Our knowledgeable scholars give you the ability to recite the Holy Quran and understand its meanings.